Brewed Thoughts: BTT: The Long & Short of It

Sunday, June 6, 2010

BTT: The Long & Short of It

Which do you prefer? Short stories? Or full-length novels?

I guess it depends on the story for me. There are some short stories that have a finality to it, thus making it an enjoyable read. But there are some that really call for a more fleshed out storytelling. There are times when I'm in the mood to read a one-shot story, as well as moments when I just want to curl up for hours reading on full-length novel.

But you know what? I've noticed a personal trend that I favor full-length stories, even if I barely have time to read them. I find myself buying novels instead of books of short stories, but if there are really good books on the latter, I also buy it. Thing is, I don't always finish reading it. :p

2 comments:

  1. I prefer novels, but really like short stories too and have numerous anthologies in the shelves. I'd rather read a well-written short than a bad novel and will take quality over quantity any day.

    ReplyDelete