I'm almost always online everyday, and there are times when I encounter annoying people who bastardize both the English and Filipino languages. It's bad enough some people think they're "bilingual" when they can't even spell or punctuate the words even if they died trying, but all these variations to save on character space is just abhorrent. I would always grit my teeth and control the urge to punch someone who types/posts in these lines:
- Nanaman / nalang. It's na naman / na lang. Get it right.
- Super *insert adjective here* (e.g.: super thankful, super sorry, super galing)
- Using the word "epic" to denote something awesome, great, amazing
- Spelling "ako" as "aq" (or any form of jejespeak for that matter)
- Wait lang (pwede namang sabihing "sandali lang")
What even drives me to commit homicide is the fact that some people have the gall to abbreviate words when they've got a perfectly functioning keyboard at their disposal. Sadly, I encounter a lot of this at work.
Disclaimer: I do not proclaim myself as ultimately without flaw in grammar and syntax. It doesn't mean that even if the other person can understand the bastardized language you're posting online, doesn't mean you should go ahead and mangle the damned thing.