Brewed Thoughts: Back to Blogging

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back to Blogging

Image from Independent Fashion Bloggers
I've been thinking about going back to blogging for the past few days and one of those things I wasted time on was looking for a new layout (new look, new beginning?). I wanted something minimalist and I've tried to install/uninstall layout files to no avail. I just figured to hell with it, I'll just use Blogger's old templates and be done with it. The challenge would be to try to post something consistently and to not fall back into ningas kugon.




A lot has happened to me for the past months and years that I haven't blogged that I don't know where to start. One of the things that sort of convinced me to try to blog again was that I'd been trying to get my groove back on writing novels. I had finished one for Mina's #romanceclass and I'm currently in the process of revising the manuscript. Most of my "classmates" have already gone and self-published their output and I want to join in their ranks as well. I mean, what's the purpose of making all the way through the finish line if I don't get this stuff published? But if you really know me, I'm a huge procrastinator. In fact, I should be editing the manuscript instead of writing this post, but no, I'm still taking it a bit too easy. 

Anyway, I just want to get back to serious writing—with schedules, deadlines, plans, and all that stuff. I want to get back to that other writing stint that I had because it involves a decent return on investment. I want to make the remaining months of this year a productive one writing-wise. 

A prolific local writer has this habit of writing one chapter every day. I'd like to do something similar, maybe like a couple hundred words for starters then add more to the count as I get more comfortable. Hopefully I can make it routinary as much as it is an every day thing for me to brush my teeth. Yeah. Hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment