Brewed Thoughts: The black pussy

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The black pussy


I got inspired by Fristine's blog entry on her twin gingers, so I decided to write something about our resident black pussy, Mimiw.



Actually, she has about about 4 variations to her name, depending on the person calling her:

Mom - Miminggay, Meow-meow, Minggay
Me - Mingming

My brothers & cousin call on her by making some weird meowing sounds too. If you happen to be in the house, it's kinda funny how we all make cat-like sounds just to get her attention. Although, I don't exactly know why everyone just started calling her "Minggay", but I do remember back when I was a kid when everyone else in our apartment compound called a stray cat "Menggay". Perhaps the name stuck without our knowing.

I actually wanted to name her as Luna, because she looks uncannily like this cat, sans the color of her eyes:

So, should I let her cosplay already? XD

Anyway, Mimiw is not actually my cat, but my sister's. I think she got her from one of her friends, & almost everyone in my sister's immediate circle knows that she's really fond of cats. I was actually against the idea of getting another pet because we already had 2 dogs to begin with. But then again, being the hard-headed bitch that she was, my sister went ahead & got the cat anyway.

The good thing about Mimiw is that she came to us already potty trained. I didn't really like cleaning dog poop, & I wasn't exactly thrilled to be cleaning cat shit either. Thankfully, we didn't have to worry about that. The bad thing is that cat litter & cat food is mother effin' expensive.

When Mimiw isn't in one of her bitchy moods, she can be quite cute. Everyday when I get home from work, I'd always find her at the door waiting for me. Thing is, the place isn't always lit, so there were a couple of times when I nearly stepped on her because she blends so well in the dark. Most of the time, she can be really temperamental. I think it's because of the fact that we haven't gotten her spayed yet. If you haven't seen a female cat in heat, trust me, you wouldn't want to know.


I really think we should have the cat altered when my sister comes home from the holidays. I am kinda jealous of Fristine's boys because they're so well groomed. I admit that I still have a lot to learn in taking care of felines, but I hope Mimiw can stick around for a longer while so we can all enjoy having this capricious ball of fluff around.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mimiw's a beautiful cat! Mare, when I visited you then, andun na ba si Mimiw? I remember Carding but I am not sure if I already met her (Mimiw). Hahaha

    P.S. Nice shot of Mimiw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wala pa sya sa bahay nung bumisita ka, mars. She came to us mga tail end of 2009 na. Ang hirap nga nya kunan ng pic kasi itim na itim. Kelangan talagang mataas ang sikat ng araw para hindi grainy yung image. XD

    ReplyDelete