|Cool graffiti art at the convention lobby|
Thank you again, life (and work), for making me such a delinquent when it comes to updating my blog. But even so, allow me to say that the MIBF this year was such a great experience. I had my friends come along, not to mention there were just so many books I wanted to buy. In terms of books and stuff I wanted to get my hands on, I could've easily burned all the money I had in my wallet. But of course, I still managed to reel myself from doing that.
And because I am a lazy bum, I'm going to enumerate the highlights of my MIBF experience. Luckily, I took pics as well.
- Thank you, God, things didn't turn out to be apocalyptic. The previous day brought winds and torrential rain that school and work were suspended. I prayed really hard for the storm to stop and for everyone else to be safe and okay. Thank goodness the skies cleared up the following day.
|Avisala, mga pashnea.|
- I got to meet THE Pen Medina, a.k.a. the actor who played Hagorn in Encantadia. I'm still mentally kicking myself for not bringing my Enca DVD and have him sign it, but I guess a photo-op would suffice. He must've been taken aback with the people asking to take a photo with him because he didn't flinch when I said Avisala.
|(l-r) Mina V. Esguerra, Kate Evangelista, and Alyssa Urbano (I don't know what Mina and Alyssa are thinking about in this pic, tbh.)|
- I got to attend at least one forum, Readers Who Write, organized by ReaderCon and the NBDB. Two of the forum panelists were my fave local authors. I've never had so much fun in the discussions.
- I got (some of) my books signed! Fangirl moment.
|My MIBF stash. I bought postcards, too!|
- Did I say I almost burned a hole in my wallet on MIBF purchases alone? Yep. No regrets, though.
I had so much fun, I wish this thing happened on a quarterly basis. Or maybe not. I'd be dead broke if that happened. Hehe. Let's do this again next year!