Brewed Thoughts: Updates (and then some)

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Updates (and then some)

So here's what's been happening lately:


  • I hit an all-time low last May. Still feeling the aftershocks and dealing with the consequences. As a result, I slowed down in editing my manuscript and I barely wrote anything. I'm still hoping for good news, but until then, I'm trying to get back on my feet. But it's a slow crawl. Well, at least I'm showing signs of life.
  • In order to deal with this unexpected bump on the road, I signed up for Camp NaNoWrimo. I figured a good push (i.e., a caffeine-induced-cram-on-writing-til-you-break-your-fingers month) would get me back on track. Not making any great strides word count-wise, but I'm meeting my daily quota. I'd like to think that's a good sign. 
  • One of my sources of comfort during the past weeks is reading. And this month, I signed up for not one, but TWO book tours! It's already a tall order for a lazy bum like me, but hey, I can't say no to books (and supporting local authors).
  • There may be a family trip in the works this month. *fingers crossed*


Anyway, I'm going back to reading, and later on, writing. Here's to a productive month ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment