Brewed Thoughts: ReaderCon Recap + Invitation

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ReaderCon Recap + Invitation

A unique approach to the Freedom Wall. Also, Nicholas Park as a favorite author.

ReaderCon finally happened last Saturday and I had a blast! Though this was technically my second time to attend the event, but it was a first for me on the following:

#romanceclass class pic with our books
  • I was part of an exhibitor group. The #romanceclass had a booth where we sold the print copies of our novels as well as the ebook bundle. Our mentor, Mina V. Esguerra was also there to sell copies of her latest books, Welcome to Envy Park and Playing Autumn (part of the Rock Gods of Romance ebook bundle).
  • I've never been inside the Ateneo school grounds until that day. And the Rizal Library. I probably wouldn't slack off in my MA thesis if I had that kind of library facilities at my disposal.

Panel discussions were insightful and fun!
I also had a great time participating in panel discussions and learning from speakers about everything reading/publishing/writing-related. It was also a great experience to meet and interact with book readers, especially those who bought our books and looked around our booth (special shout out to Ciela who bought a paperback copy of my book!). Thank you to everyone who attended ReaderCon and those who took the chance to buy and read our self-published works.

For the curious, we are still selling the ebook bundle for P320. That's a whopping 8 books for an awesome price!

#romanceclass at BLTXIV

Photo from The Curious Couch
We're also joining this Saturday's (December 14) small press expo, Better Living Through Xeroxography (BLTX). The event is from 9am to 5pm at the Lopez Museum, Benpres Building in Ortigas. It's free to the public! Local zine creators, self-published writers (that's us!) and crafters will be there so you can also do your Christmas shopping at the event.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment