Brewed Thoughts: I came, I saw, I pitched, I scored!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

I came, I saw, I pitched, I scored!

I can't believe I crammed for something as important as a story pitch contest! I'm just glad I had my 2012 NaNoWriMo manuscript ready (well yeah, the story is done, but I haven't started on editing at all), so all I had to do was write a strong and compelling pitch to sell my material to the publisher-judges.

Oh boy, I never expected that preparing for a pitch could be so nerve-racking. From finding good resources on how to write a winning spiel for my story, finding an internet cafe to have my work printed (and making the cut-off period), and finally, to waiting for my turn to be interviewed by the three publishers, today was definitely a test on staying calm and collected.

I honestly didn't think I'd make it, but when I got one business card after the other, I had to control the urge to jump from my seat and do a crazy dance. I scored all three publishers! That's a step closer to getting a book deal with local publishing houses.

I'm over the moon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck po :)) I'll be looking forward someday to buying your book in the bookstore.. :D

    ReplyDelete