Brewed Thoughts: Card for today: The Lovers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Card for today: The Lovers



Haha. How lucky can I get? I pulled out The Lovers card today, and it couldn't be more than appropriate after the talk I attended on sex and singlehood with Lorna, Fris and Kat. The meaning that resounded most of all was about tough choices / burning questions / personal beliefs. The discussion raised a few reactions on my end (i.e., on how people were so quick to jump the gun on the media, statistics about x percentage of people with failed relationships and those engaged in premarital sex, etc., etc...), some of which were stuff that I really didn't agree personally. Still, it was a worthwhile event to attend...food was great, people were awesome & I got to spend time away from my otherwise boring routine. 

Ah well, I still have a long way to go on this new thing I've picked up. I'm still boggled how I picked a card that sort of summarized the event that happened today. Awesome.

Yes, finally, I got myself a deck. Although it's not the Rider-Waite I've been obsessing about for weeks, the Royal Tarot ain't that bad, though it will be a challenge to decipher the meaning of the minor arcana with only images of objects. I'm still a WIP, so let's see where this will take me.

Image from hawkscry.org

2 comments:

  1. Bilis ah! Hehe. It'll take me a while before I write about this, and most of it will be a personal reflection. A lot of things did resonate with me, and it'll be interesting to spend more time to thinking about it.

    I would like to know who their caterer is. I'd love to get the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a rather extensive post about the event, but after re-reading it, I thought it was a mish-mash of incoherent thoughts. I think I need to reflect on things before writing them. Haha.

    Onga ang sarap ng food! Sana may dessert. :p

    ReplyDelete