Brewed Thoughts: Obsessed on the Supernatural

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Obsessed on the Supernatural

 

I can't believe I've been putting off writing about Supernatural in this space. I mean, I've been living, dreaming and eating SPN for a couple of weeks already. I blame the entire show for this ginormous writing and reading backlog, which I have no plans of getting started on until at least I've reached the latest episode in Season 6 (I've already started on a couple of episodes in Season 5).


I've learned about the series through an officemate who's been losing sleep on weekdays watching season marathons. The first episode was really freaky, but thanks to certain elements named Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, the show got me hook, line and sinker.

What I really like about the show (aside from Dean / Jensen) is how they've seamlessly integrated myths and mysteries into one seamless, kickass, breathtaking (no, I'm not referring to Dean / Jensen, but he comes close) series that would leave you wanting for more. Sure, there are times I get so spooked that I keep wondering why I'm always watching this at night when the spook factor kicks the notch several levels higher, but luckily, I haven't been getting any nightmares about demons and stuff.

Aside from the scary freak fest, suprisingly, the bulk of the story actually rests on the drama factor: the concept of family and brotherhood and how brothers Sam and Dean would do practically anything for each other (I smell gay love). I've lost count how many buckets I cried during the finale for Seasons 1 & 2.

I'm not going to deny the fact that Jensen Ackles dethroned Ben Barnes off my hot guys to worship altar, not to mention that Castiel (Misha Collins) and his unholy sense of humor is growing on me fast.

SPN is somewhat becoming an insane obsession for me. I get freaked out / geeky passing crossroads, been thinking of getting that pentagram thingee tattooed on me, buying SPN magazine (which costs both my arms and legs, btw), heck, even befriending Ed Zeddmore on Twitter (and getting major LSS on the Ghostfacers theme song). I am such a nutcase.

The good thing about this weird obsession is that my creative juices have been gushing out like a broken faucet. I've been meaning to write a story on local folklore, and SPN's been giving me insights, particularly on characters and scenes and stuff. I just love it.

There are times when I just want to rant after watching an episode, but my friends will probably think I've lost my marbles. I say you better watch Supernatural if you don't want to miss half your life.

Seriously. 



Images from
scificool.com
astrodramastical

No comments:

Post a Comment